All clients will have the need at some time for a full isolation of their HV network, be it for a maintenance visit to service HV Switchgear or other power equipment or to allow the installation of additional transformers and switchgear etc.
There is always the unthinkable possibility of a major problem occurring such as a cable fault or transformer failure, although an E.P.E.S maintenance contract or service agreement can help towards preventing this scenario.
Whatever the situation should you need to have an isolation you may wish to keep certain supplies energised by the use of temporary generation.
At E.P.E.S we do not have our own hire fleet of generators but we have substantial experience of working with highly reputable generator hire companies who give us preferential rates. These companies are familiar with our site operations and will work with us to help the client.
Our typical scope of works would be:
- Identification of critical loads to be maintained during shutdown
- Identification of connection points
- Deliver generator to site
- Off load and position set or locate trailor
- Connect flexible cables to connection point
- Isolate HV or LV system
- Test systems and start generator
- Carry out on site monitoring and fuel management for the period of the shutdown
- After shutdown, carry out testing and re-energise HV and LV supplies
- Remove generator and other hire plant and equipment from site
We are able to source at short notice through our generator support many different sizes of sets and can also call on the vast stocks of new and refurbished transformers that are available to us should the voltage need stepping up or down for the clients load requirements.
Our site teams will also advise on set location and positioning to ensure you get the most effective use of the equipment.